Sketch Comedy Revue: A NIGHTMARE ON ELF STREET
Posted on November 19, 2013
For the past few months, I’ve been working on putting together a Christmas show comedy show. Working with a talented team of writers and actors, we’re about to launch A Nightmare on Elf Street, a 90-minute trip through Santa’s worst Christmas. I directed, produced and co-wrote the show. Below is the press release:
New Portland sketch comedy revue, A Nightmare on Elf Street, to premiere at the Brody Theater Fridays and Saturdays in December.
Santa’s been kidnapped! The only thing standing between the jolly fellow and certain death at the hands of his holiday-hating captor is a treasure trove of festive sketches. Will Santa’s storytelling save him, or is this Christmas nightmare just beginning?
The Brody Theater, 16 NW Broadway, Portland, OR
December 6th– December 21st, 2013. All shows run Friday and Saturday nights at 7:30pm
Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door and $10 for students
Where Can I Get Tickets?
Tickets can be purchased on the Brody Theater website: http://brodytheater.com/nowplaying.html
Included in the holiday hilarity are sketches such as:
- THE LOCKER ROOM: Have you been naughty or nice? Be honest, because you can’t hide anything from Santa when you run into him in the gym shower.
- SERIOUSLY WORST CHRISTMAS EVER: When Little Billie doesn’t get the X-box of her dreams, she declares that it’s the worst Christmas ever in the history of the world – summoning the Ghost of Christmas Enlightenment to take her on a Christmas Carol-esque tour through some truly bad times.
- HAPPY BROLIDAYS: Bros love to lift. Bros love chicks. Bros love booze. But what bros love most of all is a traditional fucking Christmas.
- STANDARD POLICY: Things get tense in the office when Hank gets back from his 9-month “hibernation leave,” only to find out that his co-worker Tiffany is not so sympathetic to the needs and struggles of hibernating men.
- KILLY THE CHRISTMAS DEMON: Never heard of Killy? That’s OK, she’s heard about you. And she’s coming for you for this Christmas.
Nick Beaird, Jay Flewelling, Corin Garratt, Megan McGeorge
Nick Beaird, Alex Falcone, Erik Gernand, Caitlin Kunkel, Neven Mrgan
Directed & Produced by: Caitlin Kunkel
Assistant Director: Neven Mrgan
Technical Director: David Wester
All artwork designed by Neven Mrgan.